FOLLOW US ON
glasses and contacts
Glasses and Contact Lenses San Diego
For the convenience of our patients, GW Eye Associates Inc - An Optometric Corporation offers a full-service onsite optical center. Our extensive selection of frames, lenses, and contacts is designed to meet the diverse needs of our patients. We strive to provide the most up-to-date technologies and designer eyewear styles to ensure that the glasses or contact lenses that you purchase at our San Diego office in La Jolla are both durable and comfortable.
There are many choices available today for patients who wear contact lenses. Contacts are more comfortable to wear than ever, and new advances continue to make contacts an option for people with various types of refractive errors. Ask our optometrists about bifocal contact lenses and other options.
- Focus® - Replacing your soft contact lenses frequently can be a convenient, comfortable choice. Focus® soft contacts from CIBA VISION give you comfortable wear in both 1 to 2 week and monthly disposable options.
- Focus® DAILIES - These daily disposable lenses provide the convenience of not having to care for the lenses and the comfort of new, fresh lenses every day. With Focus® DAILIES, you replace your contact lenses each day, so you no longer need to worry about cleaning your lenses. An ideal option for people with allergies, because one-day use reduces the chance of the build-up of pollen and other deposits.
- Color Contacts - A way to change, enhance, or illuminate your eye color.
- Cosmetics - Color contact lenses used for purely cosmetic reasons, containing no prescription.
- FreshLook® - For a more dramatic and exciting look, try FreshLook® Colors, available in blue, green, hazel, gray, sapphire blue, and violet.
- FreshLook Dimensions® - FreshLook Dimensions®, the new generation of color contact lenses, enhance and define eye color with an innovative outer starburst pattern on the lens that instantly gives eyes a bigger, brighter, and completely natural look. The new FreshLook Dimensions® colors, Pacific Blue, Sea Green, and Caribbean Aqua, are made especially for lighter eyes.
- Radiance™ - FreshLook Radiance™ cosmetic contact lenses are the first lenses available that add beautiful pearlescent effects to both light and dark eyes to give sparkle and shine to a person's natural eye color. FreshLook Radiance™ illuminates and brightens natural eye color in four different effects. "Moonlight" adds a silver shimmer. " Eden" provides a glimmer of green. "Autumn" gives eyes a bronzy shine, and finally, "Sunrise" adds a sparkle of gold.
- Night & Day® - These revolutionary contact lenses allow six times more oxygen to reach your eyes than ordinary soft disposable lenses. Up to 30 days of continuous, natural vision means complete day-to-day freedom - no daily insertion and removal, no cleaning, and no lens care product expense.
- Continuous Wear - Contact lenses that are wearable for up to 30 days at a time.
- Disposable - A type of contact lens that is meant to be disposed of, with varying lifetimes between one day and one month.
- Toric - A leading soft contact lens for astigmatism available in a wide range of prescription strengths to fit a variety of vision correction needs.
- Progressive - The frequent replacement soft contact lenses that correct presbyopia, minimizing the need for bifocal or reading glasses. Enjoy clear, natural vision at all distances, whether you're reading a novel or a faraway billboard, without compromising your active lifestyle or giving away your age. Your hassles with glasses are over! This lens is noted for its superior comfort, handling, and overall visual quality.
- Softcolor - Focus® Softcolor lenses enhance more than your vision, providing an exciting option for glamorizing your eyes. Choose from three subtle tints to complement your hair and skin tone: aqua, royal blue, or evergreen. Also available for individuals with light eyes who want to enhance their appearance and do not need a prescription for vision correction.
- Enhancers - This lens has a beautiful colorburst pattern, brightening the color of light eyes with a natural look. Available in blue, green, and aqua.
While vision plays a big part of life, style is equally important. Eyewear is the fashion statement for the next millennium. Look around and you will see how true it is. Remember, not making a fashion statement is still making a statement. Our first impression of others is visual. Eyewear is part of that visual presentation.
Our office displays eyeglass frame styles that vary from colorful and fashion forward, to elegant and contemporary. Many of these designers offer both glasses and sunglasses and most sunglass designs can be customized to incorporate your eyeglass prescription. Oakley and Maui Jim each have their own lab which can put your prescription into their trademark Plutonite® polycarbonate lenses.
Many designer eyewear styles are exclusive and are only available through our office. Our selection is large and includes designer eyewear collections such as:
- Oakley - Sunglasses made from the latest metals sculpted and over-the-top high-tech styles, wrap-around, lightweight, durable and performance-tested. Designed for athletes and worn by everyone, these frames are versatile, unique, and available in an array of colors for both frames and lenses.
- Maui Jim - Designed by islanders for people who love being outdoors, Maui Jim sunglasses protect the eyes and cut glare without reducing the wearer's experience of the world's beautiful colors. A wide range of styles and products are available.
- Flexon® by Maui Jim - An innovation in eyewear that manufactures flexible and durable frames. Flexon® frames feature a titanium-based alloy, which is 10 times more flexible than steel and 25 percent lighter than conventional metals. The new styles include a contoured bridge design, silicone nose pads, and corrosion resistant temples for improved durability and flexibility.
- Gucci - A household name in high fashion, Gucci offers designer eyewear that is known for stylistic innovation and contemporary lines. Gucci eyeglasses feature bold frames for a look that is sophisticated and up-to-the-minute stylish.
- Bevel - A Brit based in New York and a Midwestern upstart designer have created a designer eyewear collection for the "cognescenti," mixing it up with bi-colored milled titaniums, double and triple laminated zyl acetates. Blasting into the "Post-Rimless Era" with a thrust toward heavier looks and lighter weight -thanks to innovative uses of 4 mm titanium, Bevel has caught the eye of megastar Michael Jackson, now the proud owner of four bevel titaniums.
- Beausoleil - All glasses are designed by Frederic Beausoleil and are handmade and polished in France. Frederic is dedicated to the precision of proportions, perfection of finishing, innovation in detail and creation of unique works of art. He is a favorite among celebrities, which may be due to the fact that he also takes from the retro glamour of 1950s American actresses.
- Face A Face - French designer eyewear that is created with an emphasis on quality design and timeless, classic aesthetics.
- Alain Mikli PACT - A marriage between black and crystal, this exquisite designer eyewear line rules the high-end market. Alain Mikli Pact will bring a fresh look to a newly framed face.
- Christian Dior - Christian Dior's accent is on modernity with younger and deliberately sexy lines. Ultra light, the small frames opt for very streamlined shapes that enhance the eyes. Christian Dior's modern lines of the metal frames in silver, gold, gun barrel, and red match the mood of the moment and make the frames discreet and sober. Christian Dior designer eyewear is a very fashion-forward frame collection including rectangular frame fronts in flat metal and combination frames. Over the years, the Christian Dior brand has been modernized, and the success of its collections has also involved its designer eyewear line.
- Kala - Handmade in California, these frames have a unique retro-chic style with double- and triple-laminate colors.
- LA Eyeworks - A face is like a work of art, it deserves a great frame. Retina rousing color combinations are key, intensified by bold surfaces. Plastics are vibrant in very glossy surprising hues like sharp pink with purple and black, or juicy, like bright orange, alternated with white and creamy blue. These frames are anything but boring.
- Tag Heuer - Swiss company Tag Heuer brings premium comfort and performance to the world of designer eyewear. Created to meet the demands of outdoor sports and everyday wear, these glasses are lightweight, flexible, durable, and attractively designed.
- Tiffany & Co. - Now available from a company that is well recognized as a leader in premium accessories, designer eyewear by Tiffany makes the ultimate statement. The outstanding quality and exceptional design that can be expected of all Tiffany products can be found in their new line of sunglasses.
- Persol - Dedicated to superior quality and comfort, Italian eyewear manufacturer Persol has developed a number of unique features that maximize the fit and performance of their handmade frames.
- Martin & Martin - Handmade in Germany, Martin & Martin designer eyewear is recognized for bold, timeless frame designs. They are built of lightweight, durable materials to provide comfort and peace of mind.
- Kliik - Glasses by Kliik are the ultimate in contemporary urban design. Combining innovative materials with clean lines and a selection of fashion-forward colors, the Kliik line offers upscale, edgy designer eyewear that stands out in the crowd.
- Prada - Recognized for classic, sophisticated style, Prada offers designer eyewear for the contemporary wearer with timeless taste.
- Vera Wang - Created for the modern woman, Vera Wang glasses offer style and sophistication with state-of-the-art materials and technology. With designs ranging from bold to understated, this line has something for every personality.
- Emporio Armani - Elegant and refined, designer eyewear by Emporio Armani is available in a wide range of styles to suit the wearer's individuality and fashion sensibilities.
Designing Glasses to Meet Your Needs
At our office, Dr. Gordon Wong and his expert staff of opticians will help you design a pair of glasses that will meet the needs of your lifestyle. Whether they're to help you see the computer or to block out the glare of the sun, we have just the right answer to your problem. Our team is happy to provide a range of vision correction and ophthalmology services.
- Are you bothered by glare, especially at night? Try glasses with an anti-glare coating. This is the same coating that is used for camera lenses.
- Do your glasses seem too heavy? Try a frame made of titanium. They are lighter, and stronger than ordinary metal frames.
- Do your eyeglass lenses look too thick? Try a lens material with a higher index of refraction. That will make the lenses up to 50 percent thinner and lighter. You can also choose an eyeglass frame that is smaller, thereby using less lens material.
- Do your prescription lenses make you look bug-eyed? Aspheric lenses are flatter and can achieve a more natural appearance.
These are just a few examples of how we can help you design a pair of eyeglasses to best meet your needs. Rimless frames and drill-mounted frames are available in a variety of styles for our patients.
Contact Our San Diego-area Practice in La Jolla for Designer Eyewear
Contact our San Diego office in La Jolla for new designer eyewear, glasses, or contact lenses to improve the way you see the world and enhance the way the world sees you.