Look Your Best with Designer Glasses
We offer a full line of designer glasses at our La Jolla, CA, practice to help you see clearly while looking your best. Dr. Gordon Wong and Dr. Wildon Wong understand that your glasses do not have to just help you see, they can make a fashion statement as well. We offer everything from fun and colorful to upscale and elegant eyewear, all conveniently created in our in-office lab. The lab technicians ensure that the doctors’ high standards and commitment to quality show in every pair of glasses they produce.
Many of our patients do not realize that they can get sunglasses made with their prescription in the lenses. We make prescription sunglasses in our lab, and actually recommend them to all patients who wear corrective lenses of any kind. Patients who wear prescription glasses with regular lenses may opt for protective lenses that clip onto their glasses to block the sunlight, but these can prove bulky during use, and people tend to misplace them easily. Prescription sunglasses fit perfectly and will not get lost as easily.
Your glasses do not have to just help you see, they can make a fashion statement as well.
Even patients who wear contact lenses can benefit from prescription sunglasses. While less expensive, non-prescription sunglasses may work a majority of the time, patients should remember that spending the day somewhere like the beach can cause problems with their contacts. Sand and water may get in their eyes, possibly causing serious damage. Wearing prescription sunglasses instead helps alleviate these problems.
We offer our patients several types of designer frames to choose from for their glasses. Some of the exciting designer collections we carry include:
- Mykita – This modern, innovative eyewear is developed by a company who constantly develops new technology and combines it with precision craftsmanship and unique materials.
- Tiffany – The world’s most famous jewelry company also makes glasses. Show your sophisticated side with a pair of these elegant glasses.
- L.A. Eyeworks – Known for their unique use of shapes and color, this company has changed the way people think about eyewear with their limited edition glasses.
- Ray-Ban® - The maker of iconic sunglasses for decades designs prescription sunglasses in all of their classic styles from Wayfarers to Aviators.
- Maui Jim – This company produces prescription sunglasses with advanced polarized lenses that can completely eliminate glare while allowing more usable light to reach your eyes, resulting in crystal clear color vision.
- Oakley – Oakley combines science and art to produce some of the best prescription sunglasses available today. Their prescription lenses come in a variety of colors, with several options for polarization and performance coatings.
- Many Others – We have many other brands available, such as Salt, Bevel, Mont Blanc, Salvatore Ferragamo, Kate Spade, Michael Kors, Calvin Klien, Silhouette, Emporio Armani, and more.
Dr. Wong and his staff have proven to be the best eye doctor that I have ever visited. He is extremely thorough and up-to-date professionally. He gives you plenty of time. I never feel rushed.Kathrine Holladay