Designer Eyeglasses for Women
The right pair of glasses reflect your personality and complement your wardrobe and overall style. Selecting designer eyeglasses that fit your face shape, skin tone, and personality can be difficult, but we are here to help.
Gordon Wong Eye Designs & Optometry, we provide tips to help women choose the right designer eyeglasses. Read on, and then contact our La Jolla, CA practice to schedule your appointment with Drs. Gordon or Wildon Wong.
Frames for Your Unique Skin Tone
Just like choosing the right shades of makeup, it is important to consider your skin tone when choosing eyeglass frames. The wrong color with your unique skin hues can give your skin a washed-out appearance or bring out unflattering undertones.
Here are the best color choices for your skin tone:
- Dark: If you have darker skin, find frames that will contrast beautifully with your features. Metallics, pastels, white, or cream-colored frames are an excellent choice.
- Medium: Warm colors look best with medium skin tones. Try frames that are brown, khaki, or red. Avoid anything that may bring out yellow undertones, such as pastels.
- Light or Fair: Try blues, greens, or grays, or other cooler colors. These typically look best on individuals with lighter skin tones.
Eyeglasses for Your Face Shape
There are hundreds of frame options available. By understanding which designs can complement your natural face shape, you can find the frames that will accentuate all the features of your face.
- Square Face: If you have a square face (similar to celebrities Rihanna or Natalie Portman) round or circular frames can add softness to your features.
- Round Face: If you have a round face (similar to celebrities Mila Kunis or Katie Couric) elongate your features with rectangular or square frames. Avoid smaller, rounder frames that can make your face appear even fuller.
- Heart-Shaped Face: If you have a heart-shaped face (similar to celebrities Reese Witherspoon or Halle Berry) try designs that are heavier at the bottom. This can help balance out a broader forehead.
- Oval Face: If you have an oval face (similar to celebrities Salma Hayek or Kate Middleton) geometrical designs can complement your symmetrical face.
Reflect Your Sense of Style
Finally, it is important to think about your sense of personal style when selecting frames. If you are drawn to certain designers’ styles, see if they offer an eyeglass line that may also reflect their hallmark style.
If you enjoy fashion and are into following trends, consider going for a fresh frame shape or color that can become a great accessory for your overall look.
Alternatively, if you have young kids, work outdoors, or are an avid athlete, finding durable frames may be more important to you.
If you have seen a frame style you love in a magazine or online, bring the photo with you when selecting your glasses and we can help you find a similar look.
Pick Your Next Pair at Gordon Wong Eye Designs & Optometry
Whether you are looking for a trendy, bold look or are just need to replace your old, worn out frames, eyeglasses that fit your face and lifestyle can enhance your look and become a favorite accessory if chosen well.
Use these tips to help find the frames you love at our practice. We have a curated selection of high-quality frames from well-known designers. Call us at (858) 454-4699 or contact us online to schedule your eyeglass fitting today.