Designer Eyeglasses for Men
Your glasses say a lot about you. Selecting designer eyeglasses that fit your face shape, skin tone, and personality can be difficult, but it is an important decision.
Here, we share our tips for choosing the right designer eyeglass frames for men. Read on and then schedule your next appointment with Drs. Gordon or Wildon Wong to put our tips to the test at our La Jolla, CA practice.
Eyeglasses for Your Face Shape
The sheer number of frames available can be overwhelming, so determining your unique face shape, along with the frames that complement it, can narrow the field and help you focus on glasses that will help you look your best.
- Round Face: Square or large rectangular frames can elongate the face and make it look thinner. Avoid small or round frames which can accentuate your round face, making it appear fuller than it is.
- Oval Face: A heavy bridge or geometrical shape can complement your symmetrical face. Take care to avoid large frames that extend past your temples.
- Square Face: Round or circular frames add softness to a more angular face, so be sure to avoid square or rectangle frames which will only serve to enlarge your natural face shape.
- Diamond Face: Oversized or wide frames can balance a narrow chin and forehead. Narrow frames can negatively accentuate your naturally narrow bone structure.
- Heart-shaped Face: Frames designed with a heavier bottom or round and curved lines pair well with a broader forehead. Take care to avoid frames with a heavier top design or decorative arms.
Colors to Complement You
How would you describe your skin tone? Is your skin fair? Olive-toned? Dark? When choosing the color of your frames, consider your skin tone, even before your hair or facial hair color.
The wrong color with your unique skin tone can give your skin a washed out appearance or bring out unflattering undertones. Here are the best color choices for your skin tone:
- Light or Fair: Choose cool colors such as blues, greens, or grays. Avoid black or white which can appear too harsh.
- Medium: Choose warm colors such as reds, khakis, or some browns. Avoid pastels or olive greens which can bring out yellow tones in your skin.
- Dark: Choose white, dark purples or reds, or pastel shades or metallics. Avoid black or navy blue.
Reflect Your Lifestyle
Finally, it is important to think about your lifestyle and personality when choosing frames. If you are an avid outdoorsman or athlete, choosing durable, casual frames may fit your active lifestyle.
Alternatively, if you have a more formal workplace, a more traditional or upscale design could fit your wardrobe and daily routine better.
Finally, if you enjoy fashion and are looking to make a statement with your eyeglasses, trendy designs or brighter colors could help make your eyeglasses the perfect accessory.
Pick Your Next Pair at Gordon Wong Eye Designs & Optometry
Whether you wear eyeglasses all the time, or enjoy taking a break from contact lenses for a day or two each week, eyeglasses that fit your face and your lifestyle can accentuate your look and become a favorite accessory if chosen well.
Use the tips above to help find the frames you will love at our practice. We have a curated selection of high-quality frames from top designers. Call us at (858) 454-4699 or contact us online to schedule your eyeglass fitting today.